The Ecology Technical Group is part of the Earth Systems Science Division within the Energy and Environment Directorate of the Pacific Northwest National Laboratory located in Richland, Washington. PNNL is operated for the U.S. Department of Energy by Battelle Memorial Institute.
Our research and technology development activities cover a broad range of land and water resources issues:
- Biological resource management
- Ecological risk assessment
- Ecosystem characterization and monitoring
- Habitat quality assessment
- Watershed analysis and hydrologic forecasting
- Juvenile fish physiology and behavior
- Fish bypass and advanced turbine design
- Fish tracking and habitat mapping.
We develop and deploy science and technology to help governmental agencies and corporate land managers accomplish their primary missions while protecting and enhancing ecological resources. We offer in-depth knowledge of ecosystem management that balances operational demands with effective stewardship of natural resources.